Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pad Thai


My latest creation. I have to say it was an interesting one, too! And here I go again with only providing estimates, as I did not measure.

Ingredients

quinoa, cooked according to package directions
1 block tofu, cubed
5-6 green onions, chopped (all parts)
2 tbsp safflower oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced
ground mustard
Sheryl's Duck Sauce
liquid aminos
Thai chili sauce
peanut butter
peanuts, chopped (for garnish)

Saute tofu in garlic and safflower oil; add a few dashes of liquid aminos and sprinkle on a little bit of ground mustard; cook until slightly brown. Add green onions and cook until soft, but do not burn them! Add a few dollops each of Sheryl's Duck Sauce, peanut butter, chili sauce, and more liquid aminos if necessary; mix well. Add quinoa to the pan and continue to cook; the amount is up to you. I used quinoa as a noodle substitute and because I had so much leftover that I needed to kill! I poured the entire mixture over some cooked, seasoned kale, and then topped the dish with the chopped peanuts. What a splendid meal, choc full of flavor! Who needs noodles anyway??? :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment