Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Last 3 Days

19, 20, 21...the end...or is it only the beginning?

The reason I committed to the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart was to get myself back on track by making more of my own food, focusing on eating more fruits and veggies, and cutting down on fat content. Yes, as a vegetarian it is easy to just grab something quick and meatless, but that does not certify it "healthy." In the past, I found myself eating too much processed food and not enough live food. Believe me, I immediately felt the difference once I started the Program. Cutting out the "filler" foods and dairy (mainly cheese) gave me more energy, and I never felt like food was weighing me down.

I lost 6 pounds on the Program, which is awesome! I still need to lose more, but that's where the workout comes in, and I need to force myself to do that most of the time as it is difficult for me to focus. Most importantly, I feel better overall, mentally and physically. I also learned some new ways to cook foods I used to be leery of and found some really cool vegan alternatives I had never sought previously.

The last 3 days of the program I ate healthy, but honestly did not document the food I ate...sorry, got busy with school. I know I ate the Asian Bake at least 2 more times since I made so much initially. And, ya know, it tasted better as leftovers! The juices really had a chance to absorb and the flavor was unbelievable!

On Day 21, I did make something new with random ingredients I needed to use up. It was my own version of Pad Thai which will follow in the next post.

So, to answer the question "the end...or is it only the beginning?" It is only the beginning, my friends. While my current lifestyle may not be vegan in entirety, my eating habits will remain as close to vegan as possible. It really is not all that difficult, it just takes more time and creativity, which I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment